Monday, July 25, 2011

Any day.

We will see you, baby, truly any day now. We are ready, anxious, waiting. Right now you are thumping and rolling in my belly, and I am singing your name softly. "Tommy... I love you, Tommy..."


The house is quiet and cool after a week or more of heat nearing 100 degrees. We've been nesting and perfecting this place for the birth, gathering loose ends and tying them up despite the sweat, and sometimes tears, pouring over us. Every effort is worth it, no detail is too small. 

Last week a dear friend came and took photographs for us, freezing moments of real joy for us to remember always. We laughed with our whole bodies, smiled wider than we are usually known to do. There is so much to be happy with, grateful for. So many songs to sing, dance and play to.


I would hold my breath if I thought it would ease this anticipation. Instead I will take in the fresh air deeply and know that these days will pass quickly and then a blink, a flash in time will reveal you to me. And here you will be, with us finally and forever. 


2 comments:

  1. cute! congrats!

    xoxox
    jenna duty

    www.thedutyfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaay! Tomorrow is Due Date Day! You look lovely and I like your hair like that. Nice Headband :) xo

    ReplyDelete