Friday, April 22, 2011

Peppermint.



Peppermint by author and illustrator Dorothy Grider was hands down my favorite book when I was a little girl. It's the classic tale of the overlooked and unappreciated; a sad, tiny kitten who finally finds love in the arms of a sad, tiny child.

I still have my copy, worn and tattered from years upon years of turning the pages, falling asleep with it in my bed the way most kids would with a teddy bear. There was something about Peppermint that I could relate to...


Misunderstood and lonely, hoping that someday someone might love me in the way I was sure I'd always deserved.

Just like Peppermint, my wish was fulfilled. A boy, not so little anymore, scooped me up in his arms and promised me that I would never feel so alone, so unnoticed again. He took me to a special place and taught me the meaning of true love. That boy was your Daddy.

We are so lucky to have him.

1 comment: